Just wanted to say how good it makes me feel to come back on to this site. Jeremy and the guys couldn’t have done it any better. Therapy it seems or feels like, as I read and look at all the pictures and stories again since I left for Iraq at the end of November 2008. Just for you folks out there that don’t know me, I too came to this site as a curious seeker looking for that instrument in education and insight to better myself, and an opportunity to make new friends from around the world. Having the passion for fly fishing takes over a lot of things in life, in my case anyway, the stress from military life and the chaotic 6th deployment I went through. This is not to bolster anything about my life or what I have accomplished, but to talk about how one website became a reason in my life to feel back to normalcy and regain a lot of what I lost.6th January wasn’t a routine patrol, my Lieutenant, had to go out to another patrol out to FOB Kalsu to turn in his payment paperwork for the SOI (Son’s of Iraq) insurgency group working with coalition forces. I took the remainder of the squad, a total of 10 Soldiers and two interpreters out to a sector along the Euphrates River. We stopped at some SOI checkpoints just to see how they were holding up and see if things were still quiet in the area. Everything seemed to be ok. At 1130HRS I stop the patrol near a checkpoint that was vacant, curious to know where the SOI manning that checkpoint point was. We dismounted from our vehicles and I sent out my security. The 1st Squad leader was also checking another abandon checkpoint up the road about 130 meters. I approach a makeshift tent cautiously, and peep through the entrance. At the end of the tent I saw an SOI member sitting on a bucket holding his AK-47 moving his leg up and down in a nervous motion. Something didn’t seem right. I turned my head to call for my Team leader to move up to my location with additional security. A loud burst of automatic gunfire broke out. I felt something hard hit my chest. It felt like a sledge hammer hitting home at 50MPH. I lost my balance and fell down hard. As far as I can remember I looked up to see the insurgent standing at my feet sporadically shooting toward my men. Realizing what had happened I rose up my M4 carbine and placed the selector on burst. At that precise moment I’m staring at the muzzle of his AK-47. Realizing I was still alive he made his move to finish me with a head shot. All I heard was an audible click from his weapon. I Squeezed my trigger numerous times, and watched him jerk to the hits. I woke up to see my medic frantically speaking and tugging on me. My squad leader telling me to hold on and that I was going to be fine. I woke up again to the sound of a Blackhawk helicopter approaching the LZ my patrol had set up. I got loaded up and was sent to the CAS in Baghdad. Three hits to my left leg below my knee shattered everything, but still have my leg. Two hits to the chest did not penetrate the body protector. One bullet to the groin protector, a near miss. From there I flew into Landstuhl, Germany for my recovery. The nightmares and the lack of sleep ate at me and I couldn’t bare to eat a lot of meals due to medication. Talked with some people and they encouraged me to come back to this site, as a remedy. I can tell you how much reading all of the articles and stories you all have put in this site have made me feel back like I was before I left. It was my therapy and it made me slowly heal. It is going to be a long road to recovery, but keep the stories coming; you can bet I’ll be reading them all. Thanks to all of the Fly fishermen and women out there for helping a wounded Soldier heal.